Wednesday, April 15, 2009

April 15th 2008...

Today is the one year mark of when I finally found the couple I had been looking for to be the parents of the child I was carrying.

It's the one year Anniversary of the day I asked Dustin & Andrea to be the parents of sweet little Avery Leigh.



I will never forget that day. It was the day I discovered that God plays a huge part in the adoption process.


It was the first day that I felt the spirit so strongly. It's almost impossible to explain how completely at peace I felt about the whole thing. It was the first day since I discovered that I was pregnant, that I actually felt like I was doing the right thing.


I am still in awe at how perfectly Dustin & Andrea fit the profile of what I was looking for. I have never thought up someone in my head, and then actually found that exact person. They are EXACTLY what I was looking for.


Happy 1 year Dustin & Andrea!
Thank you for everything you do for me! I love you!!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy 1 year Anniversary!

Cory and Becca said...

what a beautiful post, and a beautiful slide show..thanks for sharing, baby Avery is so very blessed to have so much love. :)

Mae AJ and Conner said...

All I have to say is you are so amazing. and Avery is so beautiful. Thank You for sharing that post....

About Me said...

It's not even 9am and I'm already crying. Do people know that YOU are the one singing? You amaze me in everything you do. We love you so much Andee.

Dustin said...

It was a great day. Love you Andee.

Anonymous said...

WOW. Im speechless. I am SO proud of who you are. I am SO grateful to have had the opportunity to be a part of your life. You are a beautiful woman. And you have the most beautiful daughter I've ever seen. You have a BEAUTIFUL voice. I hope it takes you far. Remember that when life gets to hard to stand, kneel.

Our Happy Family said...

I read the comment on here saying you were the one singing it. I love this song and having adopted our little girl, it was nice to hear someone sing that beautiful song this way. Like I have commented before on here, you seem like such an amazing girl. Thank you for sharing.

Lechelle said...

Andee you are totally amazing. You made me cry in a good way. (I found you from Mrs. R's blog. I hope you don't mind)