Tuesday, April 21, 2009

101/1001

Okay,
I stole this idea from my AWESOME friend Megan.

I decided it's a good idea and it will give me something to really focus on for the next two and 3 quarters of a year. so here it goes!

*************
The Mission:Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).


Why 1001 Days? Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.

(I'm not numbering because blogger apparantly doesn't like it when I do.
But I promise there are 101!)

HERE WE GO:


lose 30 pounds

get a 4.0 GPA

see the musical "Wicked"

Do at least 100 hours of volunteer work

read the Book of Mormon from cover to cover

go on a week long road trip

Buy all of the seasons of 24

Go to bed no later than 11 pm every night and wake up no later than 9 am every morning (of the week) for 1 month.

Meet someone Famous

Learn to play the guitar

try out for American Idol

Read all of the Harry Potter books again

Read all of the Twilight books again

Learn to play a song on the piano

Learn to play a song on the guitar

Clean my car -- including inside, outside, windows EVERYTHING..and keep it clean for 6 months.

Make a funny music video

Throw someone a HUGE suprise party

Speak at 4 different places about adoption

Attend at least 2 FSA conferences

Go golfing for the first time

Learn how to make Cafe Rio pork

Learn how to water ski

Organize and throw an Easter Egg hunt

Learn how to change a tire

Do 250 situps

Learn how to do at least 10 pushups! (I am HORRIBLE at pushups)

Scrapbook at least 20 cute scrapbook pages

Make $2,000 in a month (that's good for me:))

Exercise for an hour at least 3 times a week for a month.

Go to disneyland/california adventure again

Attend an American Idol performance LIVE

Go a month without eating sugar

Pay for the person behind me in a drive through

Watch an episode of Star Wars

Write a book

Fly a kite

Pay off my car

create a coin jar and do not cash it in until the 1001 days are up (megans idea)

Write a song

Dye my hair and include the color red/auburn

Beat Dustin in a whole round of Mario Kart on the wii

Befriend a complete stranger

Remodel my bedroom

Buy a nice swimsuit

Go skydiving

Write a Poem

Attend at least 4 missionary homecomings

Make a blanket for someone

contact someone I have lost touch with

get involved with a school activity

be on time to class for a whole month

Win something (aka a drawing, something off the radio, anything that involves receiving something for free)

Attend the temple once a week for at least a month (I'm horrible at this)

Color an entire coloring book (megans idea)

Babysit someone's kids for free

Be a Maid of Honor/Bridesmaid for someone ;)

Fly in a plane

Visit a family member that lives in another state

Swim laps everyday for a week

Swim in the Ocean

Go snowboarding

Build a snowman

Go on a hike

Go camping

Win 3 games of Settlers of Catan or Monopoly in a row

Write a letter to an important person in my life every day for a week

Buy rainboots

Stargaze

Play in the rain

sleep outside on the trampoline for a night

play a prank on someone

go to the midnight showing of New Moon (and Eclipse if it comes out in time)

Watch all of the Harry Potter movies in a row

Write in my Journal everyday for a month

Give every single person I come in contact with a compliment for a week

take each of my little brothers on a "date" to the place of their choice

Go on a daddy daughter date

Go on a mommy daughter date

Go on a bike ride

buy a nice pair of sunglasses and DON'T lose them for 6 months

Don't use the computer for a week

Have another movie night with everyone that ever came..in memory of Keltson

Paint a picture

make a CD of all of the pictures on my computer

Make a DVD

wear Jewelry everyday for a month

Learn how to use photoshop

Go sledding

Go to a concert

Make a personal calender

Make some Jewelry

Read a Jane Austen book

Go Scubadiving

Go fishing

Go to a rodeo

Go to a baseball game

Ride a motorcycle

go to a Farmers Market

Make a homeade pie
Give $5 to charity for everything I do not finish by day 1001 (megans idea)


*****

I am starting this on April 25th, 2009
The last day is January 21st 2012

OKAY, NOW WISH ME LUCK!!

7 comments:

Crystal Renee said...

I LOVE IT! I am now doing that too!

About Me said...

That's a great idea. The one about Mario Kart made me laugh!

Rachelle said...

i love this idea! i have my bucket list on mine but you are so right, without a "deadline" they will just stay on my list. so now i'm going to think about putting one of these on mine..yikes, that means i actually have to do something! great idea. :)

Alicia Clingman said...

This is a really good idea!! You have some great goals! You don't know me, but I'm connected with BreeAnn through Wes Anderson (my boyfriend). I read your blog sometimes (I swear I'm not a creep!!!) because you have some great posts! I really admire your decision about adoption! That takes true courage! I think you're a way cute girl and I want to thank you for setting such a great example!!

Keara said...

Hey you can mark of #57 now! woot woot!

Krista Eger said...

I very quickly read most of these so I think I can help you with a few.
Anything musical like writing a song or learning to play the guitar, just come on over we have a billion guitars and a husband that is a musical genius who can help you write a song.
The other thing is that once I work for Jet Blue you can use my buddy pass to fly with my to NYC to see Wicked which will cross off fly in a plane AND see wicked (it's on my list of things to do too!!! Not that I have a list, but I just really want to see it!!!)...and you can visit my husband's family who's out of state! haha jk I know it said family member (although at first I thought it just said a family, I was a little confused). But just so you know...my buddy passes are reserved for VIP only! haha I won't get them for a while anyway and I have a feeling that the family probably won't use them anyway (except my father in law) and they're exclusively for family to visit us or for me to take someone to visit them (or to go to NYC with a friend since they probably won't use them anyway!) And we'd have a place to stay too! But I think I have to work there for a while to get the buddy passes.
I can also teach you how to use photoshop (have I ever told you that I LOVE photoshop? Well I think you already knew I made all my blog backgrounds in photoshop).

Krista Eger said...

Crap I forgot to mention that my birthday is December 4th (for the huge surprise party thing!!!! haha jk) And also that I think that the babysitting for free thing is great and I think you should continue doing that goal! :D haha jk