Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I'm slow...I know

Sorry ...I know I take forever to blog lately.
LIFE IS BUSY!!

Okay,
So we're getting married August 20th.

We seriously considered waiting until next summer...but then I decided that's stupid.
I don't want this extravagant wedding.
I just want to get it over with.

I HATE planning weddings.
They're WAY too stressful thanks :)

Then we thought maybe we'd wait until like October or November.
That's about as long as I think engagements should be.

But,
I don't want it to be cold!
August is the warmest month here in Utah.
I want a backyard reception.

So,
we're doing it in August.
for the right reasons.
If he had come home from his mission in January,
The wedding would have STILL been in the summer.
July or August.
Just so you all know.

We're getting married in the Salt Lake temple.
That is also something that took us a while to decide on.

It was originally Oquirrh Mountin Temple...
But my whole life I've imagined myself getting married in the Salt lake Temple.
and Ernesto doesn't care either way.

So we changed it :)
I'm Just SOO thankful that we CAN get married in the Temple.
It's a goal that I've had since I was a little girl.
That will NOT change.
It's important to us both and it will stay that way!

I know a lot have asked for a picture of us.
I put one up a couple of posts before...but none of you knew that was him!!

So,
I'll add some others.

We tried playing in the rain a couple of days ago.
That's what these are from.




(Sorry...this one is kinda blurry)


7 comments:

Krista Eger said...

Awwwww I am soooooooo incredibly happy for you!!!! What a gorgeous couple you are!!!!! I'm sad though cause this totally messes up my hopes of hanging out with you this summer!!! Haha I guess it's a legitimate reason!! ;) but you promised you'd snuggle my new baby girl so I'm holding you to that one!!! :) I totally agree with the weddig planning thing! I never felt like my wedding was very important! It was the marriage and the covenants that I cared about!! And all I had to plan for that was the date time and location!! I always imagined getting married in the slc temple too, but ended up not haha!
Anyway I couldn't be happier for you!!!

Michelle said...

Adorable. Im so happy for you Andee. You deserve so much happiness and it looks like you have found it. It sounds like it was just destined to be. To be at the perfect time in your life, and Ernesto's perfect time in life. I hope you continue to blog after your marriage. You are a great inspiration to many birth mother's...one being our birth mother. Each time I talk to her on the phone she mentions you and says how glad she is that I got her in touch with you. You are a great role model for birth mothers. To show them to keep their heads high and that good things can happen after placement and that life can go on.
Words cant say how happy I am for you. I wish so much I could be closer in miles to you so that I can watch you get married to your other half and watch you become one. But...blah. We live on Guam. I cant wait to move!

xoxo!

Ken and Kelly said...

Aww too cute....congrats again!!

About Me said...

You make a really great couple! I can't wait for August 20th. I'm so happy for the two of you.

Beth Grimmett said...

Oh Andee... I'm so excited for you! As a fellow engagee I TOTALLY understand just wanting to get married. Brian and I are the 10th of August and it just seems forever away. Here's hoping we can survive! Good luck with the plans and you can call and commiserate with me anytime! Love ya!

Krystal said...

you two are so cute together! Congrats! I'm so glad everything is going so well for you :)

Mrs. Black said...

August 20th is a GREAT day to get married! Daren and I got married on that day 5 years ago! I am so happy for you sweetie!