Thursday, June 17, 2010

I blame him!

It's funny.
I've really had a hard time blogging lately.

You can't blame me though.
I'm planning my wedding and all of my free time consists of...Ernesto.
I don't have TIME to blog!

I have to say though,
I was telling him tonight about all the bad luck that I had when I was dating.
and remembered,
for the second time since he came home,
WHY I had such luck.

I didn't date one decent guy since Before Kris.
(and I started dating Kris right before Ernesto left on his mission) 

I will just give you the first letters of their names while I tell this story...since these are not good things,
but I will go into a little detail of the history.

L-- The first guy I dated after Avery was born. She was four months old. We dated for approximately 3 weeks.  My roomates, specifically ONE, HATED him. I couldn't figure out why at first, but quickly realized what kind of guy he was and broke it off. The way he treated me afterwards wasn't what I would call nice. I ended up crying because of it, but quickly realized he wasn't worth it and moved on.

J-- He was very soon after L. We became pretty serious. I thought I was in love with him. We went ring shopping on the 4th of July, then, on the 5th of July (my birthday), he Broke up with me. I was COMPLETELY heartbroken.  He was the first guy I've ever had break up with me and I don't think that helped the situation at all.  However, now that I look back at it, I realize I only dated him because I wanted to be married. I thought that once I was married, dealing with Avery would be easier.  I realized a few months after we broke up that this was not true. I also realize now that I was DEFINITELY not in love with him. Not even close. He wasn't my type, and he has his priorities messed up. I feel sorry for him, but I hope that one day he can figure it out. I really do.

A-- After J, I quit dating. I was done with guys and planned on just never dating again. I didn't want a boyfriend. I knew that one day I wanted to be a mom, but for about 8 months, I didn't think it was worth the pain. I went on a few blind dates here and there, but never really made an effort with them. Then, one day my aunt said some things that made me decide that I should probably start dating again...even if I wasn't ready to get married, dating was the only way I would find my future husband when the time was right.  SO, I put myself out on the market. A, was the first guy I started dating after this.  I kept telling him that I didn't want anything serious, but he didn't get the hint. I told him that I wanted to date other people, but he still didn't get the hint...THEN, the day before Ernesto came home from his mission...was the day I found out he was coming home.  A asked me if he should be worried, since Ernesto was an Ex and immediately my response was "NO!" I didn't think there was anything there between me and him anymore so I seriously didn't think he had anything to worry about.  Obviously I was wrong. A didn't take it well. I didn't end things very well with him, but I know that he is find now so it's okay :)

I'm sure you're wondering why I tell you this.
WELL,
Ernesto told me that while he was on his mission, he prayed that I wouldn't get married while he was out. He PRAYED for this. I blame HIM for my bad luck while he was gone. Seriously. I BLAME HIM!!

haha.
He's sitting here,
waiting for me to stop typing cause he wants to cuddle.
SO please excuse me,
I would like to cuddle with my future husband.

But,
Blame him for my bad luck these last two years.
Because it's seriously ALL HIS FAULT!!!!

:D

It's okay though.
Cause in the end, he was worth it!

6 comments:

Sharon said...

You make me chuckle. Seriously! I can feel your happiness through the computer! Love it! So happy for you guys!!

Amanda said...

I HATE LANCE. To this day. Can I just say that? What a.. horrid type of person he was.

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

Hahahaha! He prayed for it?! I love love love love that! Hindsight is an amazing thing, isn't it?

Krista Eger said...

Hahahahah! I love it! Missionary prayers seriously work the best! And good thing they do! Cause honestly he was worth the wait right? :D I always think when I'm going through a rough time or when ALL I want to do is send Phil far far away, I know that it's just hard RIGHT now and it will go away and one day you'll look back and realize what that hard time meant and how it helped you become the person you needed to be! At the time you just want a quick solution and thats why they made the hymn "Lead Kindly Light" cause as humans we want to see the future and know what to do, know how long it's going to take, know that things are going to turn out in the end, but in reality we can't have that so if He could just show one step that will be enough. That's why that's one of my favorite hymns. Then when we look back at all of the one steps we made we can see an entire path and know that there is a huge path for us to make one step at a time! :D It's just awesome when that one step finally leads to what we've been searching and hoping for!

Nicole said...

This totally made me smile!! First, that list is not even THAT long girl! You should see the list I have going hahaha! Second, you seem SOO happy and I love it! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh that is a cute story to tell your grandkids